Friday, November 7, 2008

First Snow!

Well, we awoke this morning to the first snow of the season here in Iowa. After last year's winter I wasn't ready to see it again yet! I just stuck the camera out the front door and took this picture at about 7:30 this morning, and now it is mostly melted off the grass. We are supposed to get more snow today, tonight and tomorrow. The current temp. is 33 and the wind chill is 20. I'm just not ready for winter to be here yet! I've been spoiled living in AR where you can get away without having a heavy winter coat. The wind here is partly what makes it sooooo cold - currently there are gusts to 28mph.

Well, we don't have an exciting weekend planned. I think Michael hopes to go hunting tomorrow either deer or duck, not sure yet which. It will depend on the weather if he goes or not. Otherwise we'll just be hanging out. I would normally plan to bake cookies or something, but I just made some on Wednesday, (Peanut butter blossoms - my first attempt) they are wonderful!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cold, wet, and miserable!! Try to keep warm this weekend.

B said...

wow, I guess when u live in AR, u forget other people have real winters....hope you stay warm!! Peanut butter blossoms sound delish!! Maybe I'll make something this weekend....lol