Tuesday, June 22, 2010

while Daddy was away...

Sunday afternoon at the park. I took a quick picture with my phone to send to Daddy and I thought it turned out so cute!

Monday we stayed around the house most of the day and hung out together...the girls played hard! Here's another cell phone pic saying, "Good Morning" to Daddy!
This is how they play with the farm toys...put them all up on the coffee table and stand and play! Elizabeth joins in on the action too...
Monday evening just before bedtime I could tell Madilynn was missing Daddy and playing rough with him...she decided she needed to roll around with Elizabeth and tickle her! Elizabeth is just laughing so much, she loved it!!
This morning we took Madilynn to preschool, then Elizabeth and I came back home and played. Here she is playing with the car. She enjoyed the music it played and would start dancing to it...
She played so intently with this book for over 10 minutes. She was doing good as long as the book stayed open and she could play with the pages.

But as soon as it would close and she couldn't open it again, she got very frustrated (as seen below)
I didn't interfere, I just let her figure it out, but it was funny! I would try to offer a different toy or book and she didn't want anthing but that one. Anyways after she got really mad I decided it was time for her morning nap.
After Elizabeth ate some lunch we went and picked up Madilynn and then went to eat some lunch at Jimmy Johns. Madilynn told me about what she did at preschool. It was so fun! She said she played dress up, and I asked her what she dressed up as and she said, "the button one". I'm guessing a dress with buttons on it...Then we got a little ice cream on the way home!
Madilynn pretending to play the drums in the marching band...
Both playing with the car (another pic we sent to Daddy!)
Daddy will be home late tonight, and we are so excited for him to be back!
Just have to note: Madilynn has really missed her Daddy this time he was gone. He left Sunday morning, and that afternoon when I said let's go to the park she said, "Daddy gonna meet us there?" I said no he's a long way away at work, he even had to ride in an airplane that's how far away he is. Then as we were leaving the park she said, "Is Daddy gonna be home?" and I said, no not tonight in a couple of days. Then she said, "but he's gonna come on the airplane real fast." And I just left it at that. Monday morning after she woke up the first words out of her mouth were "is Daddy gonna be home today?". Then today when I picked her up from preschool she was asking for Daddy again! I'm sure she asked a couple more times than I've mentioned here, but I just thought it was so cute I had to share!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

What sweet pictures! I'm sure the girls did miss their daddy - I'm sure that makes their daddy's day!