Last year when we went to the beach Madilynn was just 17 months old and didn't care for the sand at all. When I stood her in it she just started crying. So this year I wanted to prepare her for what to expect hoping that she wouldn't be afraid of anything. I showed her pictures from last year and told her that we were going back to the beach where she could play in the sand and get in the ocean. She was really excited about the playing in the sand part. But, everytime she was asked if she was going to play in the ocean she would reply, "No, whale get you!" It was funny at first, then the more she said it, the more I realized we needed to let her know that it would be okay. (Not sure where it came from either watching Nemo, or the story of Jonah and the Whale.)
Madilynn helping me fold towels and pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment